|-?, -h, or --help|
Print summary usage information of all the supported options.
Open the file for viewing only. Editor commands which change the text are not allowed.
Open the file for editing.
Display version and license information.
|-l <number> --line <number>|
Jump to given line number after opening file for editing.
|-c <number> --col <number>|
Jump to given column number after opening file for editing; often used in addition to the previous
parameter to jump to a particular place in the text.
|-S <syntax> --syntax <syntax>|
Load the syntax rules from the given syntax file rather than searching for the syntax file in the
usual places (a file called "Adie.stx" in one of the $PATH directories, or the syntax file listed
in the configuration settings).
|-L <language> --lang <language>|
After loading the file, switch to the given programming language for syntax coloring. The normal rules
for determining the files syntax (file extension of content maching) are ignored.
Preferences are configurable with convenient dialogs.
- Text size only limited by available memory.
- Persistent bookmarks may be set for each file.
- Persistent scroll position is remembered for each visited file.
- Wheel mouse scroll support.
- Online help built in.
File Access Features.
- File Dialog supporting bookmarked directories.
- Dropping a file into Adie opens the file.
- Single-click access to file using File/Directory browser.
- Visit recently edited files.
- Jump to file and line number of highlighted compiler warnings or errors.
- Customizable list of file patterns; show only source files, for example.
- Open a file by highlighting a #include directive.
- Customizable list of directories to search for header files.
- Detect if file changed outside of editor to prevent accidental overwriting.
- Unlimited undo/redo capability.
- Cut and paste to clipboard support.
- X11 primary selection support using middle-mouse paste.
- Drag-and-drop support for text move or copy.
- Brace matching, statement block, and expression block selection.
- Up to 10 persistent bookmarks may be set in each file.
- Search and replace history is stored persistently.
- Auto-indent feature.
- Strip trailing spaces, strip carriage-returns for DOS files.
- Indent or unindent selected text; clean indentation.
- Search for highlighted text.
- Goto line number, goto highlighted line number, goto matching brace, goto begin/end of block.
- Fixed word wrap column, or continuous word wrap mode.
- Mouse wheel or right-mouse scroll support.
- Customizable word-delimiters to select words by double-clicks.
- Insert files or extract highlighted text to file.
This manpage was originally written by Bastian Kleineidam <email@example.com> for the Debian distribution of the FOX Toolkit, and is currently maintained by Jeroen van der Zijp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 1997,2014 Jeroen van der Zijp.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The Adie text editor is a part of the FOX GUI Toolkit. Further information can be found at:
The FOX Toolkit website includes detailed information about the Adie Editor.
|Adie Editor||ADIE (1)||July 2014|