|bogoupgrade [-h] -d directory [-i input file] [-o output file] [-b path to bogoutil]|
bogoupgrade is a command to upgrade bogofilters databases from an old format to the current format. Since the format of the database changes once in a while, the utility is designed to make the upgrade easy.
The -h option prints the help message and exits.
The -d specifies the directory with the wordlists for converting. This option is used when converting from multiple, separate wordlists (spamlist.db and goodlist.db - containing spam and ham tokens, respectively) to a combined wordlist (wordlist.db) which contains both spam and ham tokens.
The -i specifies the input file to be converted. It should be a text file containing message counts, and possibly data. If there is no data in the text file, there should be a Berkeley DB file in the same directory as the text file which contains the data.
The -o specifies the output Berkeley DB file.
The -b gives the path to the bogoutil command. It defaults to bogoutil, in the hopes that your shell will find it.
Follow these instructions to upgrade bogofilters databases to the latest version.
1. Stop all instances of bogofilter. While the upgrade tools lock the database files, the upgrade may take a long time if you have a busy site. Dont forget to stop cron jobs or daemons that fetch and process mail and could fire off bogofilter.
2. Backup your data. Lets assume that you said:
$ mv ~/.bogofilter ~/.bogofilter.safe $ mkdir ~/.bogofilter
3. If your bogofilter version is less than 0.7, say:
$ bogoupgrade -i ~/.bogofilter.safe/goodlist -o ~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db $ bogoupgrade -i ~/.bogofilter.safe/badlist -o ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db
If your bogofilter version is 0.7 or greater, say:
$ bogoupgrade -i ~/.bogofilter.safe/hamlist.count -o ~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db $ bogoupgrade -i ~/.bogofilter.safe/spamlist.count -o ~/.bogofilter/spamlist.db
4. Current versions of bogofilter use a combined wordlist that holds both spam and non-spam tokens. It is named wordlist.db. If youre updating from a version older than 0.14.0 that has separate wordlists (named goodlist.db and spamlist.db), use:
$ bogoupgrade -d ~/.bogofilter.safe
5. Done. Restart any stopped daemons, cron tasks, etc.
bogoupgrade was written by Gyepi Sam <firstname.lastname@example.org> and David Relson <email@example.com>.
For updates, see [blue]the bogofilter project page.
1. the bogofilter project page http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/