morebalance - a sophisticated load balancing tool
In order to make internet services more reliable and scalable, a whole bunch of
clustering and load balancing tools has been created. Most of them are much
more powerful than morebalance ever intends to be, but for smaller
installations this program should be sufficient.
Port forwarding, load balancing and (to a certain degree) quality of service can
be handled. Additionally, protection against DoS-type attacks is built in,
which dynamically locks out IP addresses.
MoreBalance runs as a daemon which restarts itself should it ever crash. While
no output is produced normally, verbosity can be increased in the
configuration file which gives some statistics.
- -c, --configuration=file
- Use this configuration file instead of the default (a local
- -i, --immediate=string
- Instead of a configuration file, use a one-line configuration option
directly from the command line.
- -d, --daemon
- Run in daemon mode. This way, no status messages are printed to the
console. This is highly recommended for server mode.
- -h, --help
- Display a coprehensive help screen describing all the possible command
line options, and exit.
- -v, --version
- Display the version number and exit.
- -s, --spec
- Display the internal build specifications and exit.
Josef Spillner <firstname.lastname@example.org>