git-annex-registerurl - registers an url for a key
git annex registerurl [key url]
This plumbing-level command can be used to register urls where a key can be
No verification is performed of the url's contents.
Normally the key is a git-annex formatted key. However, to make it
easier to use this to add urls, if the key cannot be parsed as a key, and is
a valid url, an URL key is constructed from the url.
- In batch input mode, lines are read from stdin, and each line should
contain a key and url, separated by a single space.
- For backwards compatability with old git-annex before this option was
added, when no key and url pair are specified on the command line, batch
input is used, the same as if the --batch option were specified. It is
however recommended to use --batch.
- When in batch mode, the input is delimited by nulls instead of the usual
- (Note that for this to be used, you have to explicitly enable batch mode
- Also the git-annex-common-options(1) can be used.
Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>