Makefile::AST - AST for (GNU) makefiles
The structure of this (GNU) makefile AST is designed based on GNU make's data
base listing output produced by "--print-data-base".
This AST library provides the following classes:
- The primary class for ASTs. Provides interface for node adding and
querying, such as "add_implicit_rule",
"add_auto_var", "get_var", as well as lots of other
utility functions, like method "eval_var_value" for computing
the ultimate values of makefile variables, method "enter_pad"
and "leave_pad" for local variable's scoping pad.
- This is the base class for the rule nodes in the AST. It has properties
like "normal_prereqs", "order_prereqs",
"commands", and "colon".
- This class represents the de-sugared form of simple rules and implicite
rules after application. It inherits from
Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "target" and
- This class represents the implicit rule nodes in the AST. It inherits from
Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "targets",
"match_anything", and "is_terminal".
- This class encapsulates the file pattern matching (file names containing
"%") and stem substitution algorithms.
- It represents the makefile variable nodes in the AST, including
"name", "value", "flavor", and
- Used to encapsulate information regarding makefile rule commands (e.g.
command body, command modifiers "@", "-",
"+", and etc.) as a whole.
Adding support for other flavors' makes into this AST library should make a huge
amount of sense. The most interesting candiate is Microsoft's NMAKE.
For the very latest version of this script, check out the source from
There is anonymous access to all.
Zhang "agentzh" Yichun "<email@example.com>"
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang "agentzh" Yichun (agentzh).
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as Perl itself.
Makefile::AST::Evaluator, Makefile::Parser::GmakeDB, makesimple, pgmake-db,