httpcfg - Mono Certificate Management for HttpListener
httpcfg [options] certificate
This tool is used to manage the certificates used by the HttpListener embeddable
server class when the HttpListener is configured as an HTTPS server instead of
an HTTP server.
You must select one of the possible actions: add, delete or list.
When adding a certificate (-add), you must provide the following information: a
certificate (with the -cert flag) a Private Key file (with the -pvk argument,
the filename is typically "key") and a port number (with the -port
When deleting a certificate (-del or -delete) you need to provide the port
- Adds a new certificate/private key combination for being used at a given
port by the HttpListener API.
- -del, -delete
- Deletes the certificates associated for the port specified (must be
- List all known certificates.
- -port PORT
- Specifies the port to add certificates to, or remove certificates
- -pvk FILE
- Specifies the Private Key file.
- -cert CERT
- Specifies the certificate file to use.
httpcfg -add -port 8081 -pvk myfile.pvk -cert MyCert
For more details on creating the certificate file and the private key, see the
following web page:
The certificates are stored in the ~/.mono/httplistener directory
was written by Gonzalo Paniagua.
Copyright (C) 2006 Novell.
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details.
Visit http://www.mono-project.com for details
makecert(1), signcode(1), cert2spc(1)
The private key format: