qgpumode - change GPU mode
qgpumode -H host -g gpuid -m mode
command will request a MOM to change the mode on one of it's
Nvidia GPUs. The GPU's mode is changed by sending a GPU Control
request to the batch server.
Changing the GPU mode requires PBS Operator or Manager privilege. It also
requires that Torque be configured with --enable-nvidia-gpu.
- -H host
- Specifies the host within the cluster on which the GPU is located. The
argument is the name of a host that is a member of the cluster of hosts
managed by the server.
- -g gpuid
- Specifies the ID of the GPU.
- -m mode
- Specifies the new mode of the GPU. Valid Nvidia GPU modes are:
- - Normal mode.
- - COMPUTE exclusive thread mode (only one COMPUTE thread is allowed to run
on the GPU).
- - COMPUTE prohibited mode (no COMPUTE contexts are allowed to run on the
- - COMPUTE exclusive process mode (only one COMPUTE process is allowed to
run on the GPU). This mode is new with Nvidia driver version 270.
The qgpumode command will write a diagnostic messages to standard error for each
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qgpumode
command, the exit status will be a value of zero.
If the qgpumode command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a
value greater than zero.
pbs_mom(8B) and pbs_server(8B)