Group PAM module
The group service module for PAM accepts or rejects users based on their
membership in a particular file group.
provides functionality for two
PAM categories: authentication and account management. In terms of the
module-type parameter, they are the ``auth'' and ``account'' features.
The following options may be passed to the
- Reverse the meaning of the test, i.e., reject the applicant if and only if
he or she is a member of the specified group. This can be useful to
exclude certain groups of users from certain services.
- If the specified group does not exist, or has no members, act as if it
does exist and the applicant is a member.
- Specify the name of the group to check. The default is
- Accept or reject based on the target user's group membership.
- Skip this module entirely if the target account is not the superuser
- Accept or reject based on the supplicant's group membership. This is the
Note that the
options are mutually exclusive, and
will fail if both are
module and this manual page
were developed for the FreeBSD
Project by ThinkSec AS
and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under
DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (“CBOSS”), as part of the
DARPA CHATS research program.