tunefs.reiserfs - a reiserfs filesystem tuning program.
is a reiserfs filesystem tuning program. It changes
journal parameters, journal device, label and uuid.
- -v, --version
- displays current version
- -u, --usage
- displays program usage
- -j FILE, --journal-device=FILE
- device where journal is lies. Needed to perform journal replaying (when
journal params will be changed) to make sure that no non-replayed
- -d FILE, --journal-new-device=FILE
- new journal device. If you are trying to change journal from relocated
device to the host device (new journal device the same as host device),
then program will be looking for available space on host device. If free
space on the host device enought to put journal on them, journal will be
switched onto host device. If the area for journal on the host occupied by
reiserfs tree (this possible if filesystem was created with journal on
separated device), relocation of data blocks from this area onto free
blocks will be performed.
- -s N, --journal-size=N
- journal size. This is the journal size. For journal on host device it must
be gretter than 512 blocks and lesser than count of blocks described by
first bitmap block. In other words, journal must be lesser or equals
block_size * 8 journal offset - 1. In the case given journal size not
equals previous journal size tunefs.reiserfs will perform journal
resizing. For relocated journal it will be recreated with new params. And
for standard journal data blocks will be relocated first, then journal
will be recreated with new boundaries.
And for journal on separated device journal size may be as big as device
length - journal offset - 1.
- -o N, --journal-offset=N
- journal offset for relocated journal. You can't to change journal offset
for standard journal.
- -t N, --transaction-max-size=N
- transaction max size
- -n, --no-journal-available
- no journal available now. This options lets program know, that no journal
available by now. Therefore no journal replaying will be performed.
- -l LABEL, --label=LABEL
- sets volume label
- -i UUID, --uuid=UUID
- sets given uuid to superblock
- -q, --quiet
- non-interactive mode
Report bugs to <email@example.com>
This manual page was written by Yury Umanets <firstname.lastname@example.org>