barman-wal-archive - archive_command based on Barman's put-wal
barman-wal-archive [OPTIONS] BARMAN_HOST SERVER_NAME
This script can be used in the archive_command of a PostgreSQL server
to ship WAL files to a Barman host using the 'put-wal' command
(introduced in Barman 2.6). An SSH connection will be opened to the
Barman host. barman-wal-archive allows the integration of Barman in
PostgreSQL clusters for better business continuity results.
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster
recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by
- the host of the Barman server.
- the server name configured in Barman from which WALs are taken.
- the value of the '%p' keyword (according to 'archive_command').
- -h, --help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -U USER, --user USER
- the user used for the ssh connection to the Barman server. Defaults to
- -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
- configuration file on the Barman server
- -t, --test
- test both the connection and the configuration of the requested PostgreSQL
server in Barman for WAL retrieval. With this option, the 'WAL_PATH'
mandatory argument is ignored.
Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several
production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
- Not zero
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
Barman is the property of EnterpriseDB UK Limited and its code is distributed
under GNU General Public License v3.
- Homepage: <https://www.pgbarman.org/>
- Documentation: <https://docs.pgbarman.org/>
- Professional support: <https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
© Copyright EnterpriseDB UK Limited 2011-2022