barman-wal-restore - 'restore_command' based on Barman's get-wal
barman-wal-restore [OPTIONS] BARMAN_HOST SERVER_NAME
This script can be used as a 'restore_command' for PostgreSQL servers,
retrieving WAL files using the 'get-wal' feature of Barman. An SSH connection
will be opened to the Barman host. barman-wal-restore allows the
integration of Barman in PostgreSQL clusters for better business
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster
recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by
- the host of the Barman server.
- the server name configured in Barman from which WALs are taken.
- the value of the '%f' keyword (according to 'restore_command').
- the value of the '%p' keyword (according to 'restore_command').
- -h, --help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -U USER, --user USER
- the user used for the ssh connection to the Barman server. Defaults to
- -s SECONDS, --sleep SECONDS
- sleep for SECONDS after a failure of get-wal request. Defaults to 0
- -p JOBS, --parallel JOBS
- specifies the number of files to peek and transfer in parallel, defaults
to 0 (disabled).
- --spool-dir SPOOL_DIR
- Specifies spool directory for WAL files. Defaults to
- -P, --partial
- retrieve also partial WAL files (.partial)
- -z, --gzip
- transfer the WAL files compressed with gzip
- -j, --bzip2
- transfer the WAL files compressed with bzip2
- -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
- configuration file on the Barman server
- -t, --test
- test both the connection and the configuration of the requested PostgreSQL
server in Barman to make sure it is ready to receive WAL files. With this
option, the 'WAL_NAME' and 'WAL_DEST' mandatory arguments are
- The remote get-wal command failed, most likely because the
requested WAL could not be found.
- The SSH connection to the Barman server failed.
Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several
production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
- Other non-zero codes
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
Barman is the property of EnterpriseDB UK Limited and its code is distributed
under GNU General Public License v3.
- Homepage: <https://www.pgbarman.org/>
- Documentation: <https://docs.pgbarman.org/>
- Professional support: <https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
© Copyright EnterpriseDB UK Limited 2011-2022