cbmctrl - manual page for cbmctrl version 0.4.99.99, built on Apr 7 2014 at
cbmctrl version 0.4.99.99, built on Apr 7 2014 at 21:08:22
control serial CBM devices
- cbmctrl [global_options] [action] [action_opt] [--] [action_args]
- Global options:
- -h, --help:
- Output this help screen if specified without an action. Outputs some help
information about a specific action if an action is specified.
-V, --version: Output version information
-@, --adapter: Tell OpenCBM which backend plugin and bus
to use. This option
- requires an argument of the form <plugin>[:<bus>].
<plugin> is the backend plugin's name to use (e.g.: xa1541)
<bus> is a bus unit identifier, if supported by the backend;
- look up the backend's documentation for the supported bus unit
identifier(s) and the format for <bus>
-p, --petscii: Convert input or output parameter
from CBM format (PETSCII)
- into PC format (ASCII). Default with all actions but 'open' and
- -r, --raw:
- Do not convert data between CBM and PC format. Default with 'open' and
- Delimiter between action_opt and action_args; if any of the arguments in
action_args starts with a '-', make sure to set the '--' so the argument
is not treated as an option, accidentially.
- action: one of:
- Lock the parallel port for the use by cbm4win/cbm4linux.
- Unlock the parallel port for the use by cbm4win/cbm4linux.
- perform a listen on the IEC bus
- perform a talk on the IEC bus
- perform an unlisten on the IEC bus
- perform an untalk on the IEC bus
- perform an open on the IEC bus
- deprecated; use 'cbmctrl --petscii open' instead!
- perform a close on the IEC bus
- read raw data from the IEC bus
- write raw data to the IEC bus
- put specified data to the IEC bus
- give the status of the specified drive
- issue a command to the specified drive
- deprecated; use 'cbmctrl --petscii command' instead!
- output the directory of the disk in the specified drive
- download memory contents from the floppy drive
- upload memory contents to the floppy drive
- reset all drives on the IEC bus
- detect all drives on the IEC bus
- wait for a disk to be changed in the specified drive
For more information on a specific action, try --help
The full documentation for cbmctrl is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If
the info and cbmctrl programs are properly installed at your
site, the command
- info cbmctrl
should give you access to the complete manual.