dnscheck-12hourmailer - email registrars about problems in their domains
This script will look through the "tests"
table in the DNSCheck database, pick out the ones that resulted in problems
classified at level "CRITICAL" or
"ERROR", group the domains thus found by
registrar and send each registrar an email listing the problematic zones and
some basic information on the problems.
The registrar data is taken from the REGGIE database for the
".se" domain, and thus the script will
probably be of limited use to other organisations as is. Other users will
almost certainly need to write their own version of the get_registrar_info
function. It expects a single domain name as its input, and returns
"undef" (if no registrar could be found)
or a two-element list with the contact email address for and name of the
relevant registrar (in that order).
It might be useful to simply make the function return a fixed list
with an email address and a name string, in which case single email with all
problems will be sent to the address given.
This script uses the same YAML files as the rest of the DNSCheck system. It
looks for its information under the key
"12hour". The subkeys it uses are the
- The full name of the SMTP server to use for sending emails.
- The string to put in the "From" line of
the sent emails.
- The string to put in the "subject" line
of the sent emails.
- How far into the past the script should look for tests. The value should
be a string that will be understood as a time value by MySQL (for example,
"12:00:00" is twelve hours, zero minutes and zero seconds).
- A Perl boolean value. If it is true, emails will be printed to standard
output instead of sent.
- The string identifying the source of the tests to consider mailing