img_cat - Output contents of an image file.
img_cat [-i imgtype] [-b dev_sector_size] [-s start_sector] [-e stop_sector]
[-vV] image [images]
img_cat outputs the contents of an image file. Image files that are not
raw will have embedded data and metadata. img_cat will output only the data.
This allows you to convert an embedded format to raw or to calculate the MD5
hash of the data by piping the output to the appropriate tool.
Brian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org>
- -i imgtype
- Identify the type of image file, such as raw or aff. Use '-i list' to list
the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- -b dev_sector_size
- The size, in bytes, of the underlying device sectors. If not given, the
value in the image format is used (if it exists) or 512-bytes is
- -s start_sector
- The sector number to start at.
- -e stop_sector
- The sector number to stop at.
- Verbose output of debugging statements to stderr
- Display version
- image [images]
- The disk or partition image to read, whose format is given with '-i'.
Multiple image file names can be given if the image is split into multiple
segments. If only one image file is given, and its name is the first in a
sequence (e.g., as indicated by ending in '.001'), subsequent image
segments will be included automatically.
Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot