Inkview - an SVG viewer and slideshow program.
"inkview [options] [filename ...]"
Inkview is an Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) viewer that can also
be used for slideshows or presentations. One or more FILES or
FOLDERS can be specified on the command-line for opening. Inkview will
display all SVG files in the given order. Folders will be expanded to a list
of contained SVG files.
You can also launch Inkview without any command-line arguments,
which will bring up a file chooser that allows to select files and folders
via a graphical user interface.
- -?, --help
- Show help options
- -V, --version
- Print Inkview version and build date (this is usually matches the Inkscape
- -f, --fullscreen
- Launch Inkview in fullscreen mode.
- -r, --recursive
- Search folders specified on the command line recursively for SVG files.
This means all SVG files in all subfolders of the specified folder will be
- -t, --timer=NUMBER
- Change to the next image every NUMBER seconds
- -s, --scale=NUMBER
- Show image scaled by a factor of NUMBER instead of using the file's native
- -p, --preload
- Preloads all SVG files. Inkview still needs to render images upon showing,
however this option ensures all SVG files are already parsed and loaded
into memory. This option can also be used to verify if all files can be
opened properly, without having to cycle through all files manually.
Open two SVG files for viewing:
- Left, Page Up, or Backspace: show previous image
- Right, Page Down, or Space: show next image
- Up, or Home: go to first image
- Down, or End: go to last image
- Return: show control window
- F11: toggle fullscreen mode
- Escape or Q: quit
inkview file1.svg file2.svg
Open all SVG files in the examples folder shipped with
Launch a fullscreen slideshow that automatically changes to the
next image every 5 seconds:
inkview --fullscreen --timer=5 [files/folders ...]
Copyright (C) 1999-2020 by Authors.
Inkscape is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GPL version 3 or later.