mktexpk - create a PK file for a font
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for
this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Kpathsea: A
library for path searching
is used to generate a pk
file from the Metafont source
files or type1 sources for font
, if possible.
is given, it must be string of the form
is the number of the file descriptor
which is to receive, instead of standard output, the name of the generated
is typically called by other programs, rather than from the
accepts the following options:
- --bdpi num
- Set the base device resolution.
- --dpi num
- Generate the font at resolution num.
- Print help message and exit.
- --mag mag
- The Metafont magnification that corresponds to the combination of
bdpi and dpi that has been specified.
- --mfmode mode
- The Metafont mode to use.
- --destdir dir
- A directory name. If the directory is absolute, it is used as-is.
Otherwise, it is appended to the root destination directory set in the
- Print version information and exit.
If the mode
is not specified, mktexpk
tries to determine it from
. The manner in which this is done is primitive. Since bpdi
doesn't provide sufficient information to uniquely determine a mode
is strongly recommended that it be specified explicitly.
If the mode
don't match, the mode
parameter is redundant, but is not checked for consistency.
Worse, the program will fail if the wrong dpi