mp3-archive-tools - tools to maintain an archive of mp3 files
is a set of tools to ease organising a collection of
mp3 (and other audio) files. Each tool has its own man page.
- View/change id3 metadata. Supports ID3v2 and extended frames (pictures,
- Update id3 metadata from filename.
- Rename file based on id3 metadata.
- Rename files based on data from freedb webpages (www.freedb.org).
- Rename files based on data from cddb webpages (www.gracenote.com).
- Move music files to their correct place in your archive.
- Maintain a central link farm pointing to music in various places.
- Rename files using arbitrary perl code.
The file pmv-examples.sh
(look in the source distribution or
) contains a set of useful bourne
shell functions using pmv
- Swaps round fields in filenames delimited by " - ".
- converts all spaces in filename to underscores.
- Converts all underscores in filename to spaces.
- Crude attempt at capitalising filenames.
- Much better attempt at capitalising filenames. This requires the
Text::Autoformat module from CPAN (www.cpan.org).
- Numbers filenames sequentially.
- converts dirs from "artist - album" to
- converts dirs from "artist/album" to "artist -
require the MP3::Archive
module, available from the same place you got mp3-archive-tools.
module, available from www.cpan.org
If you want to use the example command pmv-fixcase
, you will need the
module, also available from www.cpan.org
All tools were developed in perl under linux. It should be trivial to get them
working on any POSIX based system. If you get them working with windows, let
None known. Please report any found to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian Beckwith <email@example.com>
The latest version can be found at:
Copyright 2003 Ian Beckwith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass
Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.