mp3lintskip - writes .mp3lintskip files from mp3lint output
is used with mp3lint
(1) to write .mp3lintskip
files to suppress warnings generated by mp3lint. For instance, if you have an
album that you only have a low bitrate copy of, and cannot find a higher
bitrate version, or you have a directory of radio plays that you don't care
are in mono, you can use this to suppress those warnings on future runs of
mp3lint, so you only get warned about new problems.
Depending on the options set ( -g
), mp3lintskip either
writes to per-directory .mp3lintskip files, or writes a global file called
.mp3lintskip-global in your $HOME directory. The latter can be used to
permanently ignore certain warnings in all directories, and can be used for
tests you don't care about or don't agree with.
Default messages to ignore can also be set in your .mp3lintrc file, see
mp3lintskip works by filtering the output of mp3lint, so it has
no effect on the -f
(fix) option to mp3lint
- Overwrite .mp3lintskip files.
- Merge .mp3lintskip files. This is the default.
- Write global $HOME/.mp3lintskip-global file.
- Write local .mp3lintskip files per directory (default)
- -d path
- Delete local .mp3lintskip files under path.
- Delete global $HOME/.mp3lintskip-global file.
- Where to read mp3lint data from. If - or not specified, uses
- mp3lint music/ | mp3lintskip -v -
- Probably the most common usage pattern. Run mp3lint on your music
directory, fixing all the warnings you care about, then run the above
command to suppress all the other warnings on future runs of mp3lint, so
you only get warned about new problems.
- mp3lint music |grep -v ':channels:mono:' |mp3lintskip -v
- As above, but filters out messages about mono tracks, so they won't get
- mp3lint -D -d music/
- Deletes both the global $HOME/.mp3lintskip-global file, and any
.mp3lintskip files in music/ and any subdirectories.
- .mp3lintrc, /etc/mp3lintrc
- Configuration files, see mp3lintrc(5) for details.
- .mp3lintskip, $HOME/.mp3lintskip-global
- Files containing messages to skip.
- Used to find .mp3lintrc and .mp3lintskip-global
None known. Please report any found to email@example.com
Ian Beckwith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright 2003 Ian Beckwith <email@example.com>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass
Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.