msgcmp - compare message catalog and template
] def.po ref.pot
Compare two Uniforum style .po files to check that both contain the same set of
msgid strings. The def.po file is an existing PO file with the translations.
The ref.pot file is the last created PO file, or a PO Template file (generally
created by xgettext). This is useful for checking that you have translated
each and every message in your program. Where an exact match cannot be found,
fuzzy matching is used to produce better diagnostics.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- references to the sources
- -D, --directory=DIRECTORY
- add DIRECTORY to list for input files search
- -m, --multi-domain
- apply ref.pot to each of the domains in def.po
- -N, --no-fuzzy-matching
- do not use fuzzy matching
- consider fuzzy entries
- consider untranslated entries
- -P, --properties-input
- input files are in Java .properties syntax
- input files are in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -V, --version
- output version information and exit
Written by Peter Miller.
Report bugs to <email@example.com>.
Copyright © 1995-1998, 2000-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO
WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for msgcmp
is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If
programs are properly installed at your
site, the command
- info msgcmp
should give you access to the complete manual.