vmpsd - Open Source Cisco VMPS Server
vpmsd [-d] [-a address] [-f file] [-l level] [-p
vmpsd is a GPL implementation of Cisco's VMPS server. It allows for
dynamic VLAN creation based upon MAC address, and is particularly helpful in
smaller environments where a Cisco VMPS server is not available or feasible.
Since Cisco has not released documentation for this protocol,
vmpsd was based entirely on watching traffic between Cisco VMPS
servers and clients. As such, it is not warranted to be complete or
bug-free. Despite this issue, vmpsd is suitable for use in production
environments, as it has proven to be stable on large networks for long
periods of time.
- -a bind address
- IP address to bind vmpsd to. Requests from clients must come in on
- Causes vmpsd to stay in the foreground instead of detaching as a
daemon. Also logs to stderr.
- -f config file
- Specify the configuration file that vmpsd will use. The program
will fail without this option, as currently there is no default set.
- -l log level
- Set the log level vmpsd will use. Options are:
- 0x0100 -- fatal errors only
- 0x0200 -- informational messages
- 0x0400 -- print warnings
- 0x0800 -- print debug messages; very verbose
- 0x0001 -- system
- 0x0002 -- parser
- 0x0004 -- vqp
Program: Dori Seliskar dori_seliskar gmail
David Parsley parsley linuxjedi.org
- -p listener port
- Port vmpsd will listen on. Defaults to 1589.
Manpage: Alex Kirk alex schnarff.com