- VASY - VHDL Analyzer for Synthesis
See the file man1/alc_origin.1.
- vasy [-VpavsoipSHL] [-C num] [-E num] [-I format] [-P file] filename
is a hierarchical VHDL Analyzer for Synthesis. VASY
a semantic analysis of a VHDL RTL description filename
, with a VHDL
subset much more extended than the Alliance one (see vasy(5) for more
details), and identifies with precision all the memorizing elements and
During its analysis, VASY
expands generic parameters, executes generic
map and generate statements, and also unrolls static FOR loops.
At the end, VASY
drives an equivalent description outname
Verilog or VHDL format) accepted by most of synthesis tools.
- indicates the path to the read/write directory for the session.
- Verbose mode on. Each step of the analysis is displayed on the standard
- Drives an equivalent description in Verilog format.
- Drives an equivalent description in Alliance VHDL format vbe(5)
and/or vst(5). We can note that with this option, all arithmetic
operators are expanded in an equivalent set of boolean expressions,
because these operators don't belong to the Alliance VHDL subset.
- Drives an equivalent VHDL description (with the extention .vhd)
accepted by most of industrial synthesis tools.
- Uses Std_logic instead of Bit (taken into account only with option
- Drives initial signal values (taken into account only with option
- -I format
- Specifies the VHDL input format such as Alliance VHDL format
vbe(5), vst(5) or industrial VHDL format vhd or
- In a structural description, all model of instances are recursively
analyzed. (By default VASY analyzes only models with generic
parameters) The leaves cells are defined by a file called CATAL (see
catal(5) for details).
- Authorizes to overwrite existing files.
- Adds power supply connectors (vdd and vss). Usefull option to enter in
- -C num
- When the size of the adder is greater or equal to num a Carry Look
Ahead adder is generated, instead of a Ripple Carry adder. (taken into
account only with option -a).
- -E num
- Comparators are expanded in an equivalent set of boolean expressions, when
their size is greater than num (taken into account only with option
- A file .lax (see lax(5) for details) is generated. This file contains the
list of all signals that must be kept during the synthesis step, using
boom (see boom(1) for details). (taken into account only with
- -P file
- Specifies a 'file.pkg' containing a list of logical and physical package
work.constants.all : pkg_constants
work.components.all : pkg_components
See the file man1/alc_bug_report.1.