vcd2lxt - Converts VCD files to interlaced or linear LXT files
vcd2lxt [ VCDFILE
Converts VCD files to interlaced or linear LXT files. Noncompressed interlaced
files will provide the fastest access, linear files will provide the slowest
yet have the greatest compression ratios.
- Prints out statistics on all nets in VCD file in addition to performing
- Apply two-way subtraction algorithm in order to identify nets whose value
changes by a constant XOR or whose value increases/decreases by a constant
amount per constant unit of time. This option can reduce dumpfile size
dramatically as value changes can be represented by an equation rather
than explicitly as a triple of time, net, and value.
- Emit data to file after being filtered through zlib (gzip).
- Write out LXT in "linear" format with no backpointers. These are
re-generated during initialization in gtkwave. Additionally, use
libbz2 (bzip2) as the compression filter.
- -dictpack <size>
- Store value changes greater than or equal to size bits as an index
into a dictionary. Experimentation shows that a value of 18 is optimal for
Note that you should specify dumpfile.vcd directly or use "-" for
- vcd2lxt dumpfile.vcd dumpfile.lxt -clockpack -chgpack -dictpack 18
- This turns on clock packing, zlib compression, and enables the dictionary
encoding. Note that using no options writes out a normal LXT file.
- vcd2lxt dumpfile.vcd dumpfile.lxt -clockpack -linear -dictpack 18
- Uses linear mode for even smaller files.
Anthony Bybell <email@example.com>