controlling keyboard backlight and LCD backlight
|[up | down |
asmctl command controls LCD backlight and keyboard
backlight by setting following sysctl(8) variables.
- video up
- Brighten the LCD backlight.
- video down
- Dim the LCD backlight
- video acpi
- Adjust the LCD backlight brightness based on whether the laptop is on AC
power or battery power. Relies on acpi status.
- key up
- Brighten the keyboard backlight.
- key down
- Dim the keyboard backlight.
The following kernel modules are required.
- Saved sysctl(8) values for next boot.
Changing hw.acpi.video.* sysctl variables requires root privilege. For this
asmctl is installed with setuid root. On
FreeBSD-11.0R or higher,
asmctl uses capsicum(4) to be