ck2yaml - convert Chemkin-II-format mechanisms to Cantera YAML input files
ck2yaml [--input=<filename>] [--thermo=<filename>]
[--name=<name>] [--extra=<filename>] [--output=<filename>]
[--permissive] [--quiet] [--no-validate] [-d | --debug]
ck2yaml converts a Chemkin-II-format reaction mechanism file to Cantera
input format. The resulting Cantera input file contains phase definitions,
species definitions, and reaction definitions, depending on the inputs
provided. The Cantera-format mechanism is written to the file named by
The parameters are as follows:
ck2yaml --input=chem.inp --thermo=therm.dat --transport=tran.dat
- Chemkin-II gas-phase reaction mechanism file to be converted. This file
contains the declarations of the elements and species, as well as the
reactions (if any). It may also contain the thermodynamic and transport
- Thermodynamic property database. If the input file does not have a THERMO
section, or does not have entries for one or more species, this file will
be searched for the required thermo data. A YAML file containing only
species definitions (which can be referenced from phase definitions in
other input files) can be created by specifying a thermo file with
no input file.
- Transport property database. If this file name is supplied, transport
property parameters will be taken from this file and included in the
output Cantera-format file. If this parameter is omitted, and no TRANSPORT
section was included in the main input file, no transport property
parameters will be included in the output.
- Surface phase definition. If this file name is supplied, an additional
phase entry for a surface phase will be read from this file, and a
reactions section will be created for any surface reactions defined
in this file.
- Optional identification string, used to set the name of the
ideal-gas phase in the Cantera-format output. If this parameter is
omitted, it will be set to gas.
- This option takes a YAML file as input. It can be used to add to the file
description, or to define custom fields that are included in the YAML
- If the output file name is not given, an output file will be created with
the same name as the input file, with the extension changed to
- Allows certain recoverable parsing errors (e.g. duplicate transport data)
to be ignored.
- Disables all non-error output, for use in batch processing.
- Disables validation of the converted mechanism by importing it from the
Cantera Python module.
- -d | --debug
- Enables additional debugging output.