dspam_train - train a corpus of mail
dspam_train [username] [--client]
[-i index|spam_corpus nonspam_corpus]
dspam_train is used to train and test a corpus of mail (in maildir or
MBOX format). This tool will present each message to DSPAM for a
classification and then retrain only if the message was incorrect. This
provides close to real-world training and should be used to build pretrained
databases. Upon execution, the tool will automatically determine the ratio of
spam:nonspam and train based on that ratio to ensure both corpora are trained
consecutively. This tool can also be used as a test jig to measure the
efficiency and accuracy of a particular corpus against DSPAM in a given
- --clientIf specified, DSPAM is used in client-server mode.
- usernameSpecifies the user to train, if omitted the current user
name is used.
- -i indexUse a index file instead of the usual spam_corpus
index : Path to the index file having the following
format per line:
[class] [path to message]
- spam_corpusSpecifies either the pathname to the directory
containing the corpus of spam,
- with each in a separate file (e.g. maildir format) or a path to the
mailbox in the traditional Unix MBOX format.
- nonspam_corpusSpecifies either the pathname to the directory
containing the corpus of
- nonspam with each message in a separate file or a path to the mailbox in
the traditional Unix MBOX format.
Copyright © 2002-2012 DSPAM Project
- Operation was successful.
- Operation resulted in an error.
All rights reserved.
For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net.
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_clean(1),
dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1),