load KLD files into the kernel
Standard C Library (libc, -lc)
() system call loads a kld file
into the kernel using the kernel linker.
() system call returns the fileid
of the kld file which was loaded into the kernel. If an error occurs,
() will return -1 and set
to indicate the error.
The named file is loaded unless:
- You do not have access to read the file or link it with the kernel. You
should be the root user to be able to use the
kld system calls.
- Bad address encountered when adding kld info into the kernel space.
- There is no memory to load the file into the kernel.
- The file was not found.
- The file format of file was
- The supplied file has already been
interface first appeared in