HTML::DOM::CharacterData - A base class shared by HTML::DOM::Text and ::Comment
This class provides those methods that are shared both by comments and text
nodes in an HTML DOM tree.
The following DOM attributes are supported:
- The textual data that the node contains.
- The number of characters in "data".
- A standards-compliant version of "length" that counts UTF-16
bytes instead of characters.
- substringData ( $offset, $length )
- Returns a substring of the data. If $length is omitted, all characters
from $offset to the end of the data are returned.
- A UTF-16 version of "substringData".
- appendData ( $str )
- Appends $str to the node's data.
- insertData ( $offset, $str )
- Inserts $str at the given $offset, which is understood to be the number of
Unicode characters from the beginning of the node's data.
- Like "insertData", but $offset is taken to be the number of
UTF-16 (16-bit) bytes.
- deleteData ( $offset, $length )
- Deletes the specified data. If $length is omitted, all characters from
$offset to the end of the node's data are deleted.
- A UTF-16 version of the above.
- replaceData ( $offset, $length, $str )
- This replaces the substring specified by $offset and $length with