||User Contributed Perl Documentation
HTML::Mason::Cache::BaseCache - Base cache object
This is the base module for all cache implementations used in Mason. It provides
a few additional methods on top of "Cache::BaseCache" in Dewitt
Clinton's "Cache::Cache" package.
An object of this class is returned from $m->cache.
- clear ()
- Remove all values in the cache.
- get (key, [%params])
- Returns the value associated with key or undef if it is
non-existent or expired. This is extended with the following optional
- busy_lock => duration
- If the value has expired, set its expiration time to the current time plus
duration (instead of removing it from the cache) before returning
undef. This is used to prevent multiple processes from recomputing the
same expensive value simultaneously. The duration may be of any
form acceptable to set.
- expire_if => sub
- If the value exists and has not expired, call sub with the cache
object as a single parameter. If sub returns a true value, expire
- get_object (key)
- Returns the underlying "Cache::Object" object associated with
key. The most useful methods on this object are
$co->get_created_at(); # when was object stored in cache
$co->get_accessed_at(); # when was object last accessed
$co->get_expires_at(); # when does object expire
- expire (key)
- Expires the value associated with key, if it exists. Differs from
remove only in that the cache object is left around, e.g. for retrieval by
- remove (key)
- Removes the cache object associated with key, if it exists.
- set (key, data, [duration])
- Associates data with key in the cache. duration
indicates the time until the value should be erased. If duration is
unspecified, the value will never expire by time.
$expires_in may be a simple number of seconds, or a
string of the form "[number] [unit]", e.g., "10
minutes". The valid units are s, second, seconds, sec, m, minute,
minutes, min, h, hour, hours, d, day, days, w, week, weeks, M, month,
months, y, year, and years.
Visit the GSP FreeBSD Man Page Interface.
Output converted with ManDoc.