Music::Audioscrobbler::MPD - Module providing routines to submit songs to
last.fm from MPD.
my $mpds = Music::Audioscrobbler::MPD->new(\%options);
Music::Audioscrobbler::MPD is a scrobbler for MPD. As of version .1,
Music::Audioscrobbler::Submit is used to submit information to last.fm.
All internal code is subject to change. See musicmpdscrobble for usage info.
Please see the documentation for musicmpdscrobble which is available from
my $mpds = Music::Audioscrobbler::MPD->new($options);
- Starts the main loop.
- Get or set options via hash. Here is a list of available options:
- Perl file used to get options from
- lastfm username
- lastfm password. Not needed if lastfm_md5password is set.
- MD5 hash of lastfm password.
- Client ID provided by last.fm. Defaults to "tst", which is valid
for testing only.
- Set to the version of your program when setting a valid client_id.
Defaults to "1.0"
- hostname of mpd_server
- port for mpd_server
- mpd password
- Set verbosity level (1 through 4)
- File to output loginfo to
- Path to file to queue info to
- Root to MP3 files
- Use the Music::Tag::MusicBrainz plugin to get missing "mbid"
- Array of commands to run after submit
- Array of commands to run on start of play
- True if monitor should be turned on
- True if you want to use Music::Tag to get info from file
- True if you want to Music::Tag info to override file info
- Options for Music::Tag
- Specify a procy server in the form http://proxy.server.tld:8080. Please
note that environment is checked for HTTP_PROXY, so you may not need this
- If set to true, will scrobble HTTP streams.
- returns open socket to mpd program.
- Connect to MPD if necessary
- Return true if connected to mpd.
- Process response from mpd.
- send a command to mpd.
- send password to mpd.
- Send mpd a command and parse the output if output is a column seperated
- get_status command. Returns hashref with:
* volume: (0-100)
* repeat: (0 or 1)
* random: (0 or 1)
* playlist: (31-bit unsigned integer, the playlist version number)
* playlistlength: (integer, the length of the playlist)
* playlistqueue: (integer, the temporary fifo playlist version number)
* xfade: <int seconds> (crossfade in seconds)
* state: ("play", "stop", or "pause")
* song: (current song stopped on or playing, playlist song number)
* songid: (current song stopped on or playing, playlist songid)
* time: <int elapsed>:<time total> (of current playing/paused song)
* bitrate: <int bitrate> (instantaneous bitrate in kbps)
* audio: <int sampleRate>:<int bits>:<int channels>
* updating_db: <int job id>
* error: if there is an error, returns message here
- get_status command. Returns hashref with:
Album: Songs Of Freedom - Disc Four
Artist: Bob Marley
Title: Could You Be Loved (12" Mix)
- status($level, @message)
- Print to log.
- returns filehandle to log.
- Reference to underlying Music::Audioscrobbler::Submit object. If passed a
Music::Audioscrobbler::Submit object, will use that one instead.
- reset current song info.
- Run on song change
- Run on poll
- print current status to STDERR
- Scrobble current song
- Fork and run list of commands.
musicmpdscrobble, Music::Audioscrobbler::Submit, Music::Tag
- Release Name: 0.13
- Added option allow_stream, which will allow scrobbling of http streams if
set to true (default false). Feature untested.
- Fixed bug in password submition (thanks joeblow1102)
- Added support for password@host value in MPD_HOST
- Searched, without success, for memory leak. If anyone wants to help,
uncomment the Storable lines and start looking into it...
- Added (documented) support for Proxy server
- Release Name: 0.12
- Fixed bug that sometimes prevented Music::Tag from working at all. Added
some level 4 debug messages.
- Release Name: 0.11
- Added musictag_overwrite option. This is false by default. It is a
workaround for problems with Music::Tag and unicode. Setting this to true
allows Music::Tag info to overwrite info from MPD. Do not set this to true
until Music::Tag returns proper unicode consistantly.
- Release Name: 0.1
- Split off all scrobbling code to Music::Audioscrobbler::Submit
- Added an error message if file is not found.
- Added use warnings for better debugging.
- Started using Pod::Readme for README and CHANGES
Edward Allen, ealleniii _at_ cpan _dot_ org
Copyright (c) 2007 Edward J. Allen III
Some code and inspiration from Audio::MPD Copyright (c) 2005 Tue Abrahamsen,
Copyright (c) 2006 Nicholas J. Humfrey, Copyright (c) 2007 Jerome Quelin
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as Perl itself, either:
a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or
b) the "Artistic License" which comes with Perl.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See either the GNU General Public License or the
Artistic License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the Artistic License with this Kit, in the
file named "Artistic". If not, I'll be glad to provide one.
You should also have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program in the file named "Copying". If not, write to the
Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
02110-1301, USA or visit their web page on the Internet at