Net::BitTorrent::Util - BitTorrent Related Utility Functions
By default, nothing is exported.
You may import any of the following or use one or more of these tags:
- Everything is imported into your namespace.
- You get the two Bencode-related functions: bencode and bdecode. For more
on Bencoding, see the BitTorrent Protocol documentation.
- Imports the tracker response-related functions compact and uncompact.
- "bencode ( ARGS )"
- Expects a single value (basic scalar, array reference, or hash reference)
and returns a single string.
Bencoding is the BitTorrent protocol's basic serialization and data
organization format. The specification supports integers, lists (arrays),
dictionaries (hashes), and byte strings.
- "bdecode ( STRING )"
- Expects a bencoded string. The return value depends on the type of data
contained in the string.
- "compact ( LIST )"
- Compacts a list of IPv4:port strings into a single string.
A compact peer is 6 bytes; the first four bytes are the host (in network
byte order), the last two bytes are the port (again, in network byte
- "uncompact ( STRING )"
- Inflates a compacted string of peers and returns a list of IPv4:port
- The BitTorrent Protocol Specification
- BEP 32: Tracker Returns Compact Peer Lists
- Other Bencode related modules:
Sanko Robinson <email@example.com> - http://sankorobinson.com/
CPAN ID: SANKO
Copyright (C) 2008-2009 by Sanko Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of The Artistic License 2.0. See the LICENSE
with this distribution or http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_license_2_0.
For clarification, see http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_2_0_notes.
When separated from the distribution, all POD documentation is covered by the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. See
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/legalcode. For clarification,
Neither this module nor the Author is affiliated with BitTorrent, Inc.