Net::DBus::Binding::Bus - Handle to a well-known message bus instance
# Get a handle to the system bus
my $bus = Net::DBus::Binding::Bus->new(type => &Net::DBus::Binding::Bus::SYSTEM);
This is a specialization of the Net::DBus::Binding::Connection module providing
convenience constructor for connecting to one of the well-known bus types.
There is no reason to use this module directly, instead get a handle to the
bus with the "session" or "system" methods in Net::DBus.
- my $bus = Net::DBus::Binding::Bus->new(type => $type);
- my $bus = Net::DBus::Binding::Bus->new(address => $addr);
- Open a connection to a message bus, either a well known bus type specified
using the "type" parameter, or an arbitrary bus specified using
the "address" parameter. If the "private" parameter is
set to a true value, then a private connection to the bus is obtained. The
caller must explicitly disconnect this bus instance before releasing the
last instance of the object.
- Send a request to the bus registering the well known name specified in the
$service_name parameter. If another client already owns the name,
registration will be queued up, pending the exit of the other client.
- my $name = $bus->get_unique_name
- Returns the unique name by which this processes' connection to the bus is
known. Unique names are never re-used for the entire lifetime of the bus
- Register a signal match rule with the bus controller, allowing matching
broadcast signals to routed to this client.
- Unregister a signal match rule with the bus controller, preventing further
broadcast signals being routed to this client
Daniel P. Berrange
Copyright (C) 2004-2011 Daniel P. Berrange