Net::FastCGI - FastCGI Toolkit
This distribution aims to provide a complete API for working with the FastCGI
The primary goal is to provide a function oriented and object oriented API which
are not tied to a specific I/O model or framework.
Secondary goal is to provide higher level tools/API which can be used for
debugging and interoperability testing.
The function oriented API is considered feature complete. Net::FastCGI::Protocol
provides functions to build and parse all FastCGI v1.0 messages, also provided
is a few convenient higher level functions such as
"parse_record()" and "dump_record()".
Work has begun on object oriented implementation and a simple blocking I/O class
which is intended for testing and debugging.
- FastCGI protocol constants.
- Provides functions to read and write FastCGI messages.
- Provides functions to build and parse FastCGI messages.
Environment variable "NET_FASTCGI_PP" can be set to a true value
before loading this package to disable usage of XS implementation.
- perl 5.6 or greater.
- Carp, core module.
- Exporter, core module.
In addition to Run-Time:
- Test::More 0.47 or greater, core module since 5.6.2.
- Official FastCGI site
- FastCGI Specification Version 1.0
- RFC 3875 - The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Version 1.1
- FastCGI: A High-Performance Web Server Interface
- FastCGI - The Forgotten Treasure
- Application server implementation, built on top of AnyEvent. Supports
Responder role. Capable of multiplexing.
- Application server implementation, built on top of "libfcgi"
(reference implementation). Supports all FastCGI roles. Responds to
management records. Processes requests synchronously.
- Application server implementation, built on top of IO::Async. Supports
Responder role. Responds to management records. Capable of
- Client (Web server) implementation. Supports Responder role.
- Application server implementation, built on top of EV. Supports Responder
- Application server implementation. Supports Responder role. Processes
- Application server implementation, built on top of POE. Supports Responder
role. Capable of multiplexing.
Please report any bugs or feature requests to
"email@example.com", or through the web interface at
Christian Hansen "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Copyright 2008-2010 by Christian Hansen.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as Perl itself.