Net::Twitter::WrappedResult - Wrap an HTTP response and Twitter result
my $nt = Net::Twitter->new(
traits => [ qw/API::RESTv1_1 WrapResult/ ],
my $r = $nt->verify_credentials;
my $http_response = $r->http_response;
my $twitter_result = $r->result;
my $rate_limit_remaining = $r->rate_limit_remaining;
Often, the result of a Twitter API call, inflated from the JSON body of the HTTP
response does not contain all the information you need. Twitter includes meta
data, such as rate limiting information, in HTTP response headers. This object
wraps both the inflated Twitter result and the HTTP response giving the caller
full access to all the meta data. It also provides accessors for the rate
- new(result => $twitter_result, http_response => $http_response)
- Constructs an object wrapping the Twitter result and HTTP response.
- Returns the Twitter API result, i.e., the decode JSON response body.
- Returns the HTTP::Response object for the API call.
- Returns the rate limit, per 15 minute window, for the API endpoint called.
Returns undef if no suitable rate limit header is available.
- Returns the calls remaining in the current 15 minute window for the API
endpoint called. Returns undef if no suitable header is available.
- Returns the Unix epoch time time of the next 15 minute window, i.e., when
the rate limit will be reset, for the API endpoint called. Returns undef
if no suitable header is available.
Marc Mims <email@example.com>
Copyright (c) 2016 Marc Mims
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as perl itself.