Net::Write::Layer3 - object for a network layer (layer 3) descriptor
use Net::Write::Layer qw(:constants);
my $desc = Net::Write::Layer3->new(
dst => '192.168.0.1',
protocol => NW_IPPROTO_RAW,
family => NW_AF_INET,
This is the class for creating a layer 3 descriptor.
- The target IPv4 or IPv6 address we will send frames to.
- Address family, see Net::Write::Layer CONSTANTS section.
- Transport layer protocol to use, see Net::Write::Layer CONSTANTS
- Object constructor. You MUST pass a valid dst attribute. Default
- Open the interface.
- send (scalar)
- Send raw data to the network.
- Close the descriptor.
Sending IPv6 frames does not work under BSD systems. They can't do IP_HDRINCL
for IPv6. For now, only Linux supports this (at least, with a 2.6.x kernel).
Does not work at all under Win32 systems. They can't send frames at layer 3 (or
I don't know how to do that).
Patrice <GomoR> Auffret
Copyright (c) 2006-2009, Patrice <GomoR> Auffret
You may distribute this module under the terms of the Artistic license. See
LICENSE.Artistic file in the source distribution archive.