venti - archival storage server
The Venti library provides support for writing Venti servers and clients. This
manual page describes general utility functions.
Other manual pages describe the library functions in detail.
(3) describes a simple in-memory block cache to help clients.
(3) describes routines for manipulating network connections
between Venti clients and servers. Venti-client
(3) describe routines for writing clients and servers on
top of these.
(3) describes the C representation of Venti protocol messages
and data structures. It also describes routines that convert between the C
representation and the network and disk representations.
(3) describes routines for writing clients that manipulate
Venti file trees (see venti
(3) describes routines to access in-memory log buffers as well
as the logging that is done automatically by the library.
(3) describes wrappers around the canonical malloc
routines that abort on error.
(3) describes routines for manipulating zero-copy chains of
(3) describes routines to zero truncate and zero extend blocks