XReparentWindow - reparent windows
int XReparentWindow(Display *display, Window w,
Window parent, int x, int y);
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Specifies the parent window.
- Specifies the window.
- Specify the x and y coordinatesof the position in the new parent
If the specified window is mapped, XReparentWindow
request on it, removes it from its current position in
the hierarchy, and inserts it as the child of the specified parent. The window
is placed in the stacking order on top with respect to sibling windows.
After reparenting the specified window, XReparentWindow
causes the X
server to generate a ReparentNotify
event. The override_redirect member
returned in this event is set to the window's corresponding attribute. Window
manager clients usually should ignore this window if this member is set to
. Finally, if the specified window was originally mapped, the X
server automatically performs a MapWindow
request on it.
The X server performs normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows.
The X server might not generate Expose
events for regions from the
request that are immediately obscured by the final
request. A BadMatch
error results if:
- The new parent window is not on the same screen as the old parent
- The new parent window is the specified window or an inferior of the
- The new parent is InputOnly, and the window is not.
- The specified window has a ParentRelative background, and the new
parent window is not the same depth as the specified window.
can generate BadMatch
- A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.
Xlib - C Language X Interface