— A clipboard function that completes the
copying of data to the clipboard
int XmClipboardEndCopy ( display, window, item_id)
Display * display;
locks the clipboard from access by other applications,
places data in the clipboard data structure, and unlocks the clipboard. Data
items copied to the clipboard by XmClipboardCopy
are not actually
entered in the clipboard data structure until the call to
This function also frees up temporary storage that was allocated by
, which must be called before
. The latter function should not be called if
has been called.
- Specifies a pointer to the Display structure that was returned in a
previous call to XOpenDisplay or XtDisplay.
- Specifies the window ID of a widget that relates the application window to
the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained through
XtWindow. The same application instance should pass the same window
ID to each clipboard function it calls.
- Specifies the number assigned to this data item, which was returned by a
previous call to XmClipboardStartCopy.
- The function was successful.
- The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another
application. The application can continue to call the function again with
the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the application
the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or to give up on
- The function failed because XmClipboardStartCopy was not