— A toolkit function that determines which child
intersects or comes closest to a specified point
searches the child list of the specified manager
and returns the child most closely associated with the specified
For the typical Motif manager widget
following rules to determine the returned object:
- If one child intersects x,y, XmObjectAtPoint returns the
widget ID of that child.
- If more than one child intersects x,y, XmObjectAtPoint
returns the widget ID of the visible child.
- If no child intersects x,y, XmObjectAtPoint returns
The preceding rules are only general. In fact, each manager widget
free to define "most closely associated" as it desires. For example,
if no child intersects x,y
, a manager might return the child closest to
- Specifies a manager widget.
- Specifies the x-coordinate about which you are seeking child information.
The x-coordinate must be specified in pixels, relative to the left side of
- Specifies the y-coordinate about which you are seeking child information.
The y-coordinate must be specified in pixels, relative to the top side of
Returns the child of manager
most closely associated with x,y
none of its children are sufficiently associated with x,y