— A function that converts a character string to
a compound string
converts characters specified in text
corresponding components in the returned compound string. The resulting
compound string consists of at least one locale or charset tag component and a
series of XmString
text components and other components. The conversion
proceeds according to the parse information contained in parse_table
See the Motif Programmer's Guide
for more information about parsing and
- If type is XmCHARSET_TEXT, the associated tag is
interpreted as a charset name. If tag has a value of NULL, a
charset component whose value is the result of mapping
XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG is created.
- If type is XmMULTIBYTE_TEXT or XmWIDECHAR_TEXT, the
associated tag is interpreted as a language environment name. If
tag has a value of NULL, a locale component with a value of
_MOTIF_DEFAULT_LOCALE is created. If type is
XmMULTIBYTE_TEXT or XmWIDECHAR_TEXT, tag must be NULL
also scans the string for characters that have matches
. Whenever a match is found, the text up to that point is
concatenated with the mapped component.
- Specifies the NULL-terminated string containing characters of a type
determined by type. This is updated to point to after the last
- Specifies a pointer into text. If a NULL is supplied to the
text_end parameter, then XmStringParseText parses
text until NULL is encountered, or until it reaches a point in
text where it is directed to stop (for example, by a
parse_proc). Otherwise, the value supplied to the text_end
parameter is the pointer into text where parsing is to stop, and
the returned character is the one where parsing did stop.
- Specifies the tag to be used in creating the result. The type of string
tag created (charset or locale) depends on the text type and the passed in
tag value. If the tag value is NULL and if type
indicates that a charset string tag should be created, the string tag has
the value that is the result of mapping XmFONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG. If
type indicates a locale string tag, the string tag has the value
- Specifies the type of text and the tag type. If a locale tag should be
created, type has a value of either XmMULTIBYTE_TEXT or
XmWIDECHAR_TEXT. If type has value of XmCHARSET_TEXT,
a charset tag will be created.
- Specifies the parse table to be used in scanning for characters to be
converted to other compound string components.
- Specifies the number of entries in parse_table.
- Specifies data to be passed to the parse procedures.
Returns a new compound string. The function allocates space to hold the returned
compound string. When the application no longer needs the returned compound
string, the application should call XmStringFree