— A TextField function that retrieves a
portion of a wide character internal text buffer
retrieves a copy of a portion of the internal
text buffer of a TextField widget that is stored in a wide character format.
The function copies a specified number of characters from a given start
position in the internal text buffer into a buffer provided by the
application. A NULL terminator is placed at the end of the copied data.
- Specifies the TextField widget ID.
- Specifies the beginning character position from which the data will be
retrieved. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of
the text buffer. The first character position is 0 (zero).
- Specifies the number of wchar_t characters to be copied into the
- Specifies the size of the supplied buffer as a number of wchar_t
storage locations. The minimum size is num_chars + 1.
- Specifies the wide character buffer into which the internal text buffer
will be copied.
For a complete definition of TextField and its associated resources, see
- The function was successful.
- The function failed because it was unable to copy the specified number of
characters into the buffer provided. The buffer size may be insufficient.
The contents of buffer are undefined.
- The requested number of characters extended beyond the internal buffer.
The function copied characters to the end of the buffer and terminated the
string with a NULL terminator; fewer than num_chars characters were
(3) and XmTextFieldGetSubstring