XtSetLanguageProc - set the language procedure
Widget XtSetLanguageProc(XtAppContext app_context,
XtLanguageProc proc, XtPointer client_data);
- Specifies the application context in which the language procedure is to be
used, or NULL.
- Specifies the language procedure, or NULL.
- Specifies additional client data to be passed to the language procedure
when it is called.
sets the language procedure that will be called from
for all subsequent Displays initialized in the
specified application context. If app_context
is NULL, the specified
language procedure is registered in all application contexts created by the
calling process, including any future application contexts that may be
created. If proc
is NULL a default language procedure is registered.
returns the previously registered language procedure.
If a language procedure has not yet been registered, the return value is
unspecified but if this return value is used in a subsequent call to
, it will cause the default language procedure to be
The default language procedure does the following:
- Sets the locale according to the environment. On ANSI C-based systems this
is done by calling setlocale( LC_ALL, language ). If an
error is encountered a warning message is issued with
- Calls XSupportsLocale to verify that the current locale is
supported. If the locale is not supported, a warning message is issued
with XtWarning and the locale is set to ``C''.
- Calls XSetLocaleModifiers specifying the empty string.
- Returns the value of the current locale. On ANSI C-based systems this is
the return value from a final call to setlocale( LC_ALL,
A client wishing to use this mechanism to establish locale can do so by calling
prior to XtDisplayInitialize.
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface
Xlib - C Language X Interface