XvGetVideo - capture video from a drawable
int XvGetVideo(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Drawable d, GC gc,
int vx, int vy, unsigned int vw, unsigned int vh,
int dx, int dy, unsigned int dw, unsigned int dh);
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Defines the port to which video output is sent.
- Defines the drawable (window) from which video output is to be
- Defines the graphical context. GC components are: subwindow-mode,
clip-x-origin, clip-y-origin, and clip-mask.
- Define the location and size of the video region is to be written.
vx and vy define the xand y coordinates of the
upper-left corner of the video region; vwand vh define the
width and height, in pixels, of the video region.
- Define the location of the source drawable from which the video image is
to be taken. dxand dy define the xand y
coordinates of the upper-left corner of the drawable region; dwand
dh define the width and height, in pixels, of the drawable
outputs video from a drawable. The position and size of the destination
rectangle is specified by vx
, and vh
position and size of the source rectangle is specified by dx
, and dh
Drawable data is clipped to the bounds of the drawable, scaled to the requested
video region size (or the closest size supported) and clipped to the bounds of
the video encoding. The contents of any region not updated with drawable data
If video is successfully initiated, an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvStarted
is generated for the drawable. If the port is already in use, its video is
preempted, and if the new drawable is different than the old, an XvVideoNotify
event with detail XvPreempted is generated for the old drawable. If the port
is grabbed by another client, this request is ignored, and an XvVideoNotify
event with detail XvBusy is generated for the drawable.
- Returned if XvGetVideo(3) completed successfully.
- Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable.
- Returned if XvGetVideo(3) failed to allocate memory to process the
- Generated if the requested port does not exist.
- Generated if the requested graphics context does not exist.
- Generated if the requested drawable does not exist.
- Generated if there were insufficient resources to process the