explain_tmpfile_or_die - create a temporary file and report errors
function is used to call the tmpfile
system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr
obtained from the explain_tmpfile
(3) function, and then the process
terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE).
function is used to call the
(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to
, obtained from the explain_tmpfile
(3) function, but still
returns to the caller.
function only returns on success, see
(3) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and
exits, it does not return.
function always returns the value return by
the wrapped tmpfile
(3) system call.
function is intended to be used in a fashion
similar to the following example:
FILE *result = explain_tmpfile_or_die();
- create a temporary file
- explain tmpfile(3) errors
- terminate the calling process
libexplain version 1.3
Copyright (C) 2009 Peter Miller