exa - new 2D acceleration architecture for X.Org
provides a simple API for video drivers to implement for 2D
acceleration. It is a module loaded by drivers, and is not intended to be
loaded on its own. See your driver's manual page for how to enable EXA
architecture is designed to make accelerating the Render
extension simple and efficient, and results in various performance tradeoffs
compared to XAA. Some xorg.conf options are available for debugging
performance issues or driver rendering problems. They are not intended for
- Option "EXANoComposite"
- Disables acceleration of the Composite operation, which is at the heart of
the Render extension. Not related to the Composite extension. Default:
- Option "EXANoUploadToScreen"
- Disables acceleration of uploading pixmap data to the framebuffer.
- Option "EXANoDownloadFromScreen"
- Disables acceleration of downloading of pixmap data from the framebuffer.
NOTE: Not usable with drivers which rely on DownloadFromScreen
succeeding. Default: No.
- Option "MigrationHeuristic"
- Chooses an alternate pixmap migration heuristic, for debugging purposes.
The default is intended to be the best performing one for general use,
though others may help with specific use cases. Available options include
"always", "greedy", and "smart". Default:
Authors include: Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Zack Rusin, and Michel