LSI Fusion-MPT SCSI/Fibre Channel driver
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following
driver provides support for the LSI
Logic Fusion-MPT family of SCSI, Fibre Channel and SAS controllers.
The following controllers are supported by the
- LSI Logic 53c1030, LSI Logic LSI2x320-X (Single and Dual Ultra320
- LSI Logic AS1064, LSI Logic AS1068 (SAS/SATA)
- LSI Logic FC909 (1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
- LSI Logic FC909A (Dual 1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
- LSI Logic FC919, LSI Logic 7102XP-LC (Single 2Gb/s Fibre Channel)
- LSI Logic FC929, LSI Logic FC929X, LSI Logic 7202XP-LC (Dual 2Gb/s Fibre
- LSI Logic FC949X (Dual 4Gb/s Fibre Channel)
- LSI Logic FC949E, LSI Logic FC949ES (Dual 4Gb/s Fibre Channel
The Ultra 320 SCSI controller chips supported by the
driver can be found onboard on many
- Dell PowerEdge 1750 thru 2850
- IBM eServer xSeries 335
These systems also contain Integrated RAID Mirroring and Integrated RAID
Mirroring Enhanced which this driver also supports.
The SAS controller chips are also present on many new AMD/Opteron based systems,
like the Sun 4100. Note that this controller can drive both SAS and SATA
drives or a mix of them at the same time. The Integrated RAID Mirroring
available for these controllers is poorly supported at best.
The Fibre Channel controller chipset are supported by a broad variety of speeds
and systems. The Apple Fibre Channel HBA is in fact the FC949ES card.
This driver also supports target mode for Fibre Channel cards. This support may
be enabled by setting the desired role of the core via the LSI Logic firmware
utility that establishes what roles the card can take on - no separate
compilation is required.
LSI Logic Website,
driver first appeared in
driver was originally written for
and marginally improved upon by Matt
and Scott Long
have made more substantial improvements.