vacfs - a Venti-based file system
] [ -h host
] [ -m mtpt
[ -s srvname
] [ -M mem
interprets the file system created by vac
(1) so that it can
be mounted into a Plan 9 file hierarchy. The data for the file system is
stored on a Venti server with a root fingerprint specified in vacfile
is currently rather limited: access is read-only, clients are not
authenticated, and groups are assumed to contain a single member with the same
name. These restrictions should eventually be removed.
Options to vacfs
- Print debugging information to standard error.
- -h host
- The network address of the Venti server. The default is taken from the
environment variable venti. If this variable does not exist, then
the default is the metaname $venti.
- Use file descriptors 0 and 1 as the 9P communication channel rather than
create a pipe.
- -m mtpt
- The location to mount the file system. The default is not to mount.
- Disables permission checking.
- The name of the 9P service to post. The default is
vacfs.name, where name is vacfile without any
directory name or extension.
- -M mem
- The amount of memory, in bytes, allocated to the block cache. The default
(1), Plan 9's venti