is the configuration file for
The following options can be set:
- The base directory instead of the default
creates indexes for the mail message in the folders under this directory
and uses some files under from this directory.
- The UNIX-domain socket for communication from
As the default relateve path
.mailestd.sock from the
maildir is used.
- The number of tasks allowed to prepare for indexing paralelly. The default
value is “4”. Specifying a large number may improve the
peformance, but cosumes the memory resource. On typical environments,
since indexing the mail messages and putting them into the datbase will be
the performance bottle neck, this variable is not so important.
- The monitor is enabled unless
is specified. When the monitor is enabled,
mailestd will start indexing
automatically when changes are made on the folder already indexed. Specify
delay in milli seconds instead of the
default value 1500 which the
waits for until it starts indexing.
- This option makes
mailestd to create a
parent message id (“x-mew-parid”) attribue in the database,
when it finds a message which failed to create the parent message-id in
the normal way by guessing guessing by the “Subject” and
- The file name suffixes of the mail messages gathered for indexing. The
default is “” (none).
- The folder name patterns
creates index for. An shell pattern (“openbsd-*” for
example) is usable. If the folder starts
with “!”, matched folders are ignored. Folders not matched
any are target for indexing. The default is “!trash !casket
- The log file path. As the default, the relative path
maildir is used.
- The log rotation behaviour. As the default, “8” for the
count and “30720” (30K
bytes) are used.
- Thd database directory. As the default, the relative path
casket is used.
- The debug level instead of the default value “0”.
The current line can be extended over multiple lines using a backslash
(‘\’). Comments can be put anywhere in the file using a hash
mark (‘#’), and extend to the end of the current line. Care
should be taken when commenting out multi-line text: the comment is effective
until the end of the entire block.
Argument names not beginning with a letter, digit, or underscore must be quoted.
Additional configuration files can be included with the
keyword, for example:
- The default maildir.
- The default configuration file name.