a snake game for your terminal
You are controlling a snake where the goal is eating food spawning randomly on
There are two types of food, normal and free, respectively
The head of the snake is symbolized with an @
Each time you eat a piece of food, the snake will be shrunk by two. If you eat a
free piece of food the score will be increased but not the snake's length.
The following options are available:
- Disable colors, by default if the terminal is capable colors are
- Specify an alternate color between 0 and 8. (default 2)
- Do not try to update score file.
- Only display high score sorting by descending and exit.
- Disable wall crossing. Can be used together with
-s to show score with wall crossing
To move the snake the following keys may be used:
Move to up
Move to down
Move to left
Move to right
Suspend the game until p is pressed again.
Change the color.
Quit the game and save the score.
nsnake was written by David Demelier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The snake seems to be faster when moving vertically, this is due to terminal