xvier - a X11 board game.
[ -display displayname
] [ -geometry
] [ -fn fontpattern
] [ -iconic
] [ -columns columns
] [ -prog
] [ -level levelnumber
is a board game where you and the computer alternately throw stones
into free columns. The stones pile up in the columns, and the goal is to get
four stones in a row, in a column or diagonally. You can choose various board
sizes and levels of difficulty.
During the game you click with the mouse onto the column where you want to put
your stone. Another possibility is a lower case letter in the range 'a' to 'm'
(maximally) where 'a' is the left column. If you want to change the level of
difficulty, you must use the keyboard. Simply type the number of the desired
level. These levels correspond to the search depth of the game program. The
meaning of the command line options and buttons is given below.
While the game program computes a move, everything besides Change
- -display displayname
- The X11 screen you want to use.
- -geometry geometry
- The desired geometry of the game window.
- -fn fontpattern
- A pattern describing the fonts which are used for the buttons and
messages. Xvier chooses the biggest font that fits into the window.
Therefore the pattern should describe different sizes of one font. The
default is *-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal-*.
- Start in iconic state.
- -rows rows
- The number of rows of the board. The possible range is 4 to 13. The
default is 6.
- -columns columns
- The number of columns of the board. The possible range is 4 to 13. The
default is 7.
- -prog programpath
- The path of the game program.
- -level levelnumber
- The level of difficulty to start with. The possible range is 0 to 9. The
default is 0.
The keyboard equivalents of the buttons are given in brackets.
- Quit ['q' or 'Q']
- Finish the game.
- New ['n' or 'N']
- Start a new game.
- Undo ['u' or 'U']
- Undo one move.
- Start ['s' or 'S']
- Let the computer begin with the first move. The board must be empty.
- Change ['C']
- Exchange the colours of your and the computer's stones.
Norbert Jung firstname.lastname@example.org