queens - n queens screensaver
] [-window] [-root] [-install]
] [-delay microseconds
] [-wireframe] [-fps]
program solves the n-queens problem (where, in this program, N
is between 5 and 10 queens) using a straightforward backtracking algorithm.
The problem is: how may one place N queens on an NxN chessboard such that no
queen can attack a sister?
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class,
or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Render in wireframe instead of solid. -fps Display the current
frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources
stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
It's not unknown for this and other OpenGL hacks to fail under hardware
accelaration (UtahGLX) and take the X server with them. Texture images must be
16x16 or 32x32 or 64x64 etc.
Copyright © 2002 by Blair Tennessy. Permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is
hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in
all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice
appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
without express or implied warranty.
Blair Tennessy <email@example.com>, 20-April-2002.